Skip to main content

I-864, should I submit pay stubs

Cedar Grove, NJ |

My husbands 2012 tax return adjusted annual income is 15700, however he started a new job in July which he is estimated to work 35000 annually should I submit his pay stubs even though its less than 6 months worth (he gets paid every week). He is filing for me and my 8 yr son.

Or do I still need a joint sponsor?

I don not have a work permit, I am filing all the forms together at once (I 130, I 485, I 864 etc) so the question is in regard to my husband.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you have your employment authorization since that time, you can count your income in with I-864A.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I agree with the answer of my distinguished colleague. If you have valid wok authorization, you do not have to worry. Good luck.

Leonard R. Boyer, Esq. 201-.675-.5577. If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer" Please be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


By and large, if you can get a joint sponsor you could eliminate possible delays and issues in processing your matter. The issue with showing your work authorization is that you may not be issued same if you can't satisfy the minimum requirement of the affidavit of support, which will trigger a Request for Evidence stopping the work authorization processing. Thus, if you receive an request for initial evidence, you will not get your work authorization until you can satisfy the request. So this brings up a practical question - how can you show an EAD if it is not issued until you meet the affidavit of support requirement first. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer