I-751 waiver

Atlanta, GA |

had my interview this past tuesday, immigration officer told me she will approve my case because i have enough documents, and after my interview i never heard anything from uscis(mail or email) or any update on my case online still says INITIAL REVIEW? and its almost 1 week now, pls help atty, thank you so much for your info!

Don't be so impatient. They don't work on Sat/Sun and the officer probably needed to get approval from a supervisor.

Plus, the online system isn't updated over the weekend.

If it is over 30 days ... then you will have cause for concern.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

thank for the info atty, approval from supervisor?! does that mean the the officer who interviewed me and said i will approve it now was confused after the interview? is there a possibility of 2nd interview? i am so worried atty. pls help

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

They don't want to tell you all the 'inner workings' of their office. Yes, waivers need to be reviewed by a supervisor. But, in most cases, the supervisor agrees. Second interview? Possible ... no one can answer. Stop being worried ... unless you know deep-down that it wasn't a 'real' marriage and you're worried that they might find out.

thank you atty, god knows how much i loved/cared my wife and she knows how hard i tried to make it work again thank you atty!

Ignore the USCIS website altogether now, since it's never accurate and lags behind. You'll get your green card in the mail and the site will still read "initial review." One week is not long in the immigration world, no matter what the officer might have told you.. Now must get her supervisor's approval, etc. I say it'll take another month or even two. Be patient. You'll get it. It's only a matter of time now. You've waited so long already..

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

No! Don't be so jumpy.. ALL approvals must be reviewed and "rubber stamped" by a supervisor upstairs.. It is just routine! There will be NO second interview, rest assured. Just sit quietly for a month or so! It always happens this way. Yours is no exception.

thank you again atty, i just wanted to see my family esp my dad coz i havent seen him for 5 yrs since i moved here in the usa and i miss him so bad. thank you thank you atty! you have a wonderful evening and god bless you always!

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

"Ignore the USCIS website altogether now, since it's never accurate and lags behind. " I couldn't have said it better myself. Are you sure that there isn't a Professor hiding inside of your elegant business suit?

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

That of a Bakunist (remember Bakunin?) perhaps, but not of a Professore.. You are. Uh too kind!

thank you so much for all your help thank you thank you

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Our pleasure! Be well!

Relax. The government doesn't move that quickly.

Please see

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

The USCIS is inconsistent in the amount of time it takes to complete the adjudication process, but generally after a successful I-751 interview at the USCIS's Atlanta Field Office one may expect to receive a "Green Card" in the mail in 10 - 20 days, but the process could take significantly longer. As others have mentioned, the USCIS does not consistently and timely update its online status service, and so that often is an unreliable indicator.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
Frazier, Soloway & Kennedy, P.C.
1800 Century Place, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.] David N. Soloway Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. 1800 Century Place, Suite 100 Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com 404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com