Skip to main content

I-751 roc

Chicago, IL |

My wife has to remove the conditions on her conditional green car next year ,we have a couple of credit cards together and a joint account,just wondering should I add her name to the titles of the house and the car,and my business just to make the process easier when filing next year

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


In reviewing the I-751, the officer will look at a number of factors in their totality in evaluating whether the marriage is bona fide. There is no simple rule for how many or which documents are enough. Having said that, a legitimate home title indicating joint ownership of a home is good proof of a bona fide relationship.

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Those are all possible evidence of a bona fide marriage/relationship. The question is why was that not done.

This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not contact me expecting additional free advice. If you contact me privately, I will email you an invoice for a consultation and will advise you only after the invoice is paid. Thank you.


It would probably make it easier if you add her name to the house, car and business. They do look at the totality of the circumstances, but joint assets are a good evidence of the relationship.

Alexus P. Sham-The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


If initially no documents show the joint legal or financial interests of both spouses and any later added or initiated documents may indicate a questionable nature of that marriage.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer