Skip to main content

I-751 Application

Los Angeles, CA |

I mailed my I-751 application last April 15, 2013 (certified mail) to California Service Center and they received it April 18, 2013. My GC will expire on May 06, 2013. I'm really concerned now because I'm not getting any letter from them, not even the receipt notice. I mailed it within the 90 days, is there any chance they might deny my application? Thanks! I really ne ed you help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


From the information you provided, it seems that your application was received about ten days ago. It can take anywhere from two to three weeks to receive a receipt notice from USCIS.

Disclaimer: the information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.


An I-751 receipt is issued within 2-3 weeks after receipt at the USCIS CSC, not before. YOu need to be patient.

They never "deny" an I-751, but if there is any information or documentation that USCIS thinks is missing, you'll get an RFE giving you the opportunity to provide the additional or missing proof.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Do you really thing that they're going to send you a receipt within 10 days?????

Yes, you mailed within the 90 days .. but you really cut it close.

You'll probably get a receipt by May 6th ... which is about 2-3 weeks from when you filed.

Sure, they can deny the application. But, as long as you sent in all the proper papers .. it will most likely 'pass' the initial review and you'll get a receipt and fingerprint notice.

It's not too late to take a copy of your application to an immigration attorney for him/her to review.

Lots of people that do the I-751 send in 'light' applications ... not enough notarized affidavits, several years (not just recent) worth of bank/utility/tax statements.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Visit uscis on an inforpass and have you passport stamped

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.