I-485 was transfered to NBC office MO

Chicago, IL |

Hi my letter from USCIS saying my case(I-485 application based on asylum approval) is transferred to USCIS-NBC, LEE'S SUMMIT, MO.

What does this mean? Will I be called for an interview?
How long will it take for the case to get processed in new office - Missouri Office?
I was arrested for domestic violence but was never convicted - Will this have any impact?

A conviction, not an arrest may matter.

Repost in MO for an answer about the MO office

I live in chicago. However my case was sent to MO. Not sure why? Will it be moved back to field office in chicago?

I wouldn't worry about it. It is often commonplace that various USCIS ServiceCenters shuffle cases among each other for "efficiency" and faster adjudication purposes, especially backlogged cases. Hopefully you'll obtain a positive final resolution to your case soon.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thank You!

Generally, the USCIS transferred the pending file for a further adjustment review and decision to another USCIS facility that handles these matters at that facility. Without knowing exactly how the case was prepared or knowing whether any flaws or mistakes were made it is impossible to gage the duration for its review.
Finally, any criminal history will be reviewed, including the arrest on merits. For instance, if the background check reveals an arrest and your application omitted it than will present a potential perjury issue and denial.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois

Hi Alexander - Thank You for your response. I have disclosed the arrest and sent the disposition along with the packet. Any idea how long will it take for the decission to come out. Do I need to follow up with MO office?

Something is up and it's hard for us to know what without more information. Talk to an attorney.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.