Skip to main content

I-485 Pending. Can I fly domestic?

Monterey, CA |

Can I fly domestic or wait?
If is ok: What do I need to have with me?
What should i say if Inmigration want to talk to me in the airport?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, you can. Have your passport and US (state) issued ID/Driver License. If you do not have your state driver license or ID, the passport should suffice. Also, have the I-485 receipt with you.


I agree. You should be find to travel just make sure you have your I-797 with you and a valid ID.

MEDINA LAW GROUP PC: EXPERIENCED TEXAS IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS. email:; Phone: (210) 821-4500; Fax: 210-821-4500; 1802 NE Loop 410, Ste 104, San Antonio, Tx 78217. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Furthermore, the content of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. I apologize in advance for any spelling or typographical errors. MEDINA LAW GROUP PC.


Make sure you have your USCIS receipt for the I-485, and your government-issued ID (valid driver license, or valid passport).

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.