Skip to main content

I-130 petition for foreign born spouse

Jersey City, NJ |

This is in addition to my previous question, my spouse is from Guyana South America, I am a born us citizen, with the I-130 approval, would marriage and birth certificates for both of us will have to be submitted to NVC upfront or in her home country?

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 5


if she/he is outside of the US and you are going through NVC with consular processing, then up front

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


If you are processing outside the US, then they go to NVC

This message is intended as general information and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested to speak with me directly, please contact me at 604-671-7600.


They go to NVC up front. Do yourself, and your wife a favor, and consult with a lawyer. You are probably not even aware of the problems you could have in this process and the consequences of a denial.



J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Agreed with colleagues. Goes to NVC through Consular Processing. Hire a experienced immigration lawyer to help you out.

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer