Skip to main content

I 130 denied

Brooklyn, NY |

My wife filed for i 130 and I 485 we went for interview and they sent as for stock and we never got notice for the stock. Case was denied because of no show

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Refile your case immediately, expecially if you are no longer in status.

For more information, please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You are best of filing all over again, especially if you do not have nonimmigrant status to fall back to.


You have to refile your case because if you are out of status you can be put in deporation proceeding.


Depending upon how long ago the denial was issued you may be able to file a motion to reopen your case due to lack of notice. Otherwise it may be easier to refile a new case. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for case specific advice.

Jeffrey A. Devore, Esq.
Devore Law Group, P.A.
2925 PGA Blvd., Suite 204
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Telephone: (561) 478-5353
Facsimile: (561) 478-2144
Skype: jeffrey.a.devore

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer