Skip to main content

I-130/Deferred action Immigration nightmare.

Kansas City, MO |

It looks like I can't catch a brake, my fathers sister filed an I-130 in 1997 the priority date is April 1997 but it seems i'm aged out now and they did't freeze my age so there goes that dream. And I would qualify for deferred action or a future dream act If I had proof that I was present in the U.S. for the past 5 years which i don't work or have any bills or anything of the sort, i'm 24 now and very heartbroken any advise?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You may qualify for benefits under the Child Status Protection Act. We won a nationwide class action lawsuit in September. The Justice Department has until this Friday to challenge this decision in the US Supreme Court.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.