Skip to main content

I-130 approved in 2007 for unmarried child over 21. Needs card expedited or Alternative means to get a job without sponsorship

Houston, TX |

MyI-130 has been approved since 2007. I have been in the US attending school since 2002. I have 2 undergraduate degrees (honors), a logistics certificate and an MBA. I have been getting many jobs but they are unwilling to sponsor because the economy was always bad when I graduated. Hence, I'm pursuing yet another degree in order to maintain legal standing. Is there a way to expedite my card process? I cannot wait another year b4 my date becomes available. My entire family has moved here and are citizens and the wait has been putting serious financial pressure on me since I have to stay here legally.

Clarification: "Job offers" but unable to secure a job because of my need for sponsorship

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


No, no means of expediting your priority date exist.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


All temporary working visas require employer sponsorship.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You are in a tough situation. As my colleagues indicated though, there are not many options available to you right now.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer