Skip to main content

I was charged with Grand Larceny in Arlington, Virginia. This my first offense, ever,

Arlington, VA |
Attorney answers 3


Hire an attorney. This is a serious offense and you need an attorney to review all your options. There is a diversion program for defendants like you, but I would never advise clients to accept it without a very thorough analysis of their respective cases.

The answer provided is for general information purposes and cannot be relied upon. In order to provide legal advice, one must engage with a live attorney; this answer does not create such attorney-client relationship.


Not sure what your question is--you didn't ask one, but allow me to suggest you sit down with a criminal defense attorney IMMEDIATELY--and discuss your options.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.


Shoplifting anything over $200 worth of merchandise is grand larceny, a felony. I would suggest you immediately contact and consult with a local criminal lawyer.

Good luck.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer