Skip to main content

I senior and get medicare Medicaid. I have a spend down and need lawyer to fight how my spenddwn mid yr. was$48 now$157

Brooklyn, NY |

I am on a fix income pennyless no one cares and I have no secondary hospital I need to fight for my rights since my spenddown went from $48.00 and went up mid yrs to $157.00 I have no money to do these spenddown when Medicaid pays for the drs. I pay for my medicine. Sometimes it down not add up to $157.00 I ask for a fair hearing and need legal council to help since I am disable.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It does not sound like you can afford a lawyer so I suggest you look for an agency that might provide you with one.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


You should contact Legal Aid Services for assistance.

Responses provided on Avvo are for general informational purposes only, based upon the limited information that is provided, and do not constitute legal advice. As such you should consult with your own attorney for specific advice. No attorney/client relationship exists with Kelly S. Davis unless set forth in a written engagement letter. The Wyoming State Bar does not certify any attorney as a specialist or expert. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyer's credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise.


With your spend down at $157.00, you can reduce it only by utilizing a Pooled Income Trust or during a fair hearing having Medicaid reduce your spend down. Unfortunately, the costs to have an attorney represent you in this is more than you indicate you can afford. Perhaps a local legal aid society or elder law clinic can assist you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer