Skip to main content


Sunnyvale, CA |

I have travel document which expire in July, I was asylum granted . now I am permanent resident with green card , how I can renew my travel document , or apply for re inter permit .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


File for a renewal. I-131.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


File an I-131. If eligible you may want to consider filing for NATZ.


I recommend speaking with an immigration attorney before even renewing a LPR card if you have had any contact with police or law enforcement.


If you are now a permanent resident and have a plastic greencard ... you no longer need the travel document.

A greencard is a travel/work/residence document.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Hello. It does not appear that you should need that travel document any longer, but confer with an attorney, please. Some attorneys, myself included, are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Some attorneys, myself included, will confer for free, at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee for need. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq. Immigration Law, Rule 14 Qualified Neutral, Minnesota Supreme Court Roster Mediator, Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC, Phone: 612.296-9666 EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR until 8 p.m. daily. See

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer