Skip to main content

Husband sent me an eviction notice on behalf of the landlord.....

San Luis Obispo, CA |

My husband has filed for divorce and with the papers served included an eviction notice on behalf of the landlord. He also had a storage unit rented and moved some of my belongings(clothes,toiletries) . With the papers was also a key for the unit. He had signed the rental agreement and had my parents address out of the country as the billing address. I at the time was visiting family(Canada) and was told via phone not to return. My parents have been paying the storage fee's except for the first month and I have returned to the US and am staying with friends. Because he moved my things and signed the storage unit contract isn't he responsible to pay? And does he have the right to evict me? Threatening me with trespassing and arrest.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


you absolutely need a divorce lawyer as soon as possible
the lawyer will be able to straighten out the mess with eviction


I agree with the other post. This is not a question that can be adequately addressed in a public written forum.

You should contact Ca divorce attorney ASAP to determine your rights regarding, amongst other things, your personal property and your tenancy.