Skip to main content

Husband filed a CPO, I'm homeless and all of my business equipment is in home...

Xenia, OH |

My husband filed a false CPO against me and I was evicted from the home with only my clothes. The next day I filed a CPO and asked that his be dismissed, and last week we had court and I still have no Final Order - he's had all of my equipment for my vending business up for sale and I do not have access to it. It is the only way I can generate income to hire a lawyer. I don't even know what will be left by the time a Final Order comes in. Legal Aid won't take divorce cases unless one is filed against me first, then they'll defend. I sleep in my car and sometimes at my cousins house. The Domestic violence shelter is full. I'm so at the end of my rope. Any advice would be helpful

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You might consider contacting your local law enforcement agency and request a "civil standby" where they dispatch a couple of officers to your residence and allow you to remove more of your personal property.

This is certainly the fastest way to get your stuff. However, if you can't demonstrate to these officers that this really is your stuff, you might not be too successful.

Additionally, you should consider asking the domestic violence folks for free or low income legal assistance suggestions. They will almost certainly have some resources for you.

Best of luck!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer