Skip to main content

Husband facing deportation from charge of possession with intent to distribute, and he's undocumented, What to do?

Washington, DC |

My husband came to the US with his mom when he was 10, passport was last stamped in NY in 1988, they never returned back to their country (trinidad), his mom got married, and got her stuff situated but never fixed her kids. He is currently 35, been living in the US since the age of 10. ICE detained him while he appeared for a hearing for child support. They transferred him form Baltimore ICE to Frederick County Detention Center. He is facing deportation for a charge from 2006 for Possession with intent to distribute of cocaine. In which was dissmissed/dropped in 2006 by Maryland. We were in the process of him obtaining his green card, but now this. What options does he have?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


that is a very serious charge, but a dismissed one (according to you). He is in custody and facing removal - you simply must retain an attorney to intervene and see exactly what is going on, and what can be done to save him from removal.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


Retain an immigration attorney as soon as possible to evaluate the possible relief available to your husband.


If it was dismissed it should not be an issue. Are you sure it was dismissed. You really need to retain an immigration attorney immediately, particularly since it sounds like he is in immigration court. You stand no chance of accomplishing this without an attorney. My firm handles deportation defense in your area.
Nicklaus Misiti
Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You need to meet an immigration attorney asap. This is a very serious charge and no one can give you specific legal advice on a general forum like this.

The statement above does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is intended as general information only and it is not a substitute for legal advice. You should consult with a licensed attorney to discuss the specific facts and circumstances of your case.