Skip to main content

Husband didn't sign divorce-agreement as he wasn't agreeing w/ some of the provisions in it. Will wife get default judgment?

Dallas, TX |

At first, wife pushed husband to sign the divorce agreement. She was calling/emailing husband a lot trying to make him sign the agreement. Husband refused because he was not agreeing with some of the previsions in the agreement. Now, he didn't hear from wife in a while. Is she planning to tell judge that Husband is not responding. He is not interested. So just give a DEFAULT judgment? Can this happen? Is she planning
something like that? What is going to happen?
Please advise.. Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

I answered your new post. Really, it appears you just need to get the divorce done. You can go ahead and file an answer and she will not be able to default you without giving you notice of a final trial setting and then you failing to appear for the setting.

If you cannot agree on the terms of the divorce, a final trial will be necessary.

This answer is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice nor forming the attorney client relationship. This attorney is licensed in Texas.


A default judgment is not going to just be granted because one party does not sign an agreement. At this point, you should seek representation to review your case and the current status of the documents.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family & criminal law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-377-6828. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.