1. 1 year HRO was signed 7/17. The person I have the order against is the father of my now 10 month old. Of note, we never lived together and were not married.
2. To date there have been 42 police reports made against the party I have the HRO against.
3. There are two separate cases against the other party pending charges. The first is for 6 felony counts of the order violations charged out oct/Nov last year. (Arrested on warrant, no DANCO). Court dates have been pushed back for 1 reason or another and currently this case is scheduled for the THIRD pre-trial on 7/30. There was 1 new felony charge brought forth by at county atty (the other party approached me in the court house and essentially had me cornered. It's on security tape) which is pending omnibus trial mid-july.
4. I have copies of texts in which im told to stay away "if i know whats good for me". I have a note in which he asks me to buy him off if i want the bsby to myself. I have a text in which he tells me he hopes I miscarry 8 weeks before my due date.
5. My HRO expires in 2 weeks. I've been told I cannot file for an OFP. Is this correct?
You can renew the HRO given it has been violated. You could only file an OFP using facts and evidence that would support a finding that you are in need of an OFP. I believe the court has forms to renew the order. Good luck.
With all the violations you can try to renew or file a new one and it appears likely that it would be seriously considered for extension.
Our Rating is calculated using information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to the information we collect from state bar associations and other organizations that license legal professionals. Attorneys who claim their profiles and provide Avvo with more information tend to have a higher rating than those who do not.What determines Avvo Rating?Experience & background
Years licensed, work experience, educationLegal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awardsLegal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagementsDiscipline