Skip to main content

How would i get a judge to agree to 6 months 6 months visitation of my son.

Tampa, FL |

I live in NY and my son is in Florida. I've been for visitation and the judge ordered i go down to FL once a month for 9 months to see my son, but the mother keeps denying me visits and my traveling for court cost me a good job and all my money . I am in the process of suing her for contempt of court, but how would i get the judge to agree to 6 months/ 6 months visitation.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You would have to petition the court for a modification is there were significant and changed circumstances that were not foreseeable when the original judgment was entered.If you can successfully frame that argument, then there is a chance that the court might allow it. But you will need a family law attorney to review your fact pattern to determine if you are even eligible for such a modification. Furthermore, it sounds like the minor child is very young such that 6 months rotating would not be in its best interests. Good luck!

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.


no way will the court grant that request


The courts will make a determination based upon what is in the best interest of the child. They will, of course, take logistics into consideration as one practical factor involved. If she isn't letting you see your child, you really need to get to court to set up time-sharing so you will have a legal document from which to enforce your legal rights. You need to talk to a family law attorney as soon as possible to discuss how to move this through as soon as possible. Good luck!

Please note that the answers provided herein are the attorney's professional opinions based upon the attorney's experience based upon the information provided to the attorney as part of the attorney's participation in the setting of this forum. No responses posted by the attorney in question are intended to be legal advice or professional advice of any kind. No attorney-client relationship is being established or solicited. The attorney will not make any communication with the person asking the question unless that person independently contacts the attorney outside of this forum.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer