Skip to main content

How will I pay all the bills & new car that is in my name(because he had bad credit) & has been accumulated since we got married

Anchorage, AK |

I've been married to him.. a military man for 3yrs come this aug. He's a drinker & is mentaly abbusive & has anger issues. I can't wk due to major health issues & I can't pay anything without him.. We live with my 79yr old mother & I'm scared that with all the stress & screaming that he's about, will cost me or my mother her life

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Bankruptcy or bills is the last thing I would be worried about.

Get some family law advice. You need to get out of this relationship before you do anything else.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here. Please visit my web site: for more information about my services.


You may be eligible for bankruptcy. But perhaps you need to consult with a divorce attorney first. Tell him/her everything. Good luck.

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662. Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 26 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.


I have to agree with the other two answers here. Safety before money issues. Find a good divorce lawyer.