How will anyone know if I am married twice if no one reports it?

Midvale, UT |

I heard that if no one reports a bigamy situation then no one will know. Is that true? And how would the government find out?

Filed under: Immigration Fraud

They have their ways, including a fraud department. Sometimes they also call/visit with your neighbors and friends.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

Is this in relation to an immigration case?

If so ... they will know because you will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth on your forms.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

You will tell them when asked, of course.