Skip to main content

How/where can I get a lawyer to go over a business contract for a joint venture? I have never experienced this before.

Houston, TX |

Hi, I am a web designer and knowledgeable with internet marketing, etc. I recently agreed to be a partner on a business venture (software firm) with a substantial percentage of the business given to me in exchange for my expertise. Now, while I am knowledgeable, I do not have the funds to hire an analyst or a specialized attorney to help me go over the agreement that I have yet to sign. So I am asking you, lawyers of the Houston area if there is a place where I can get some pro bono help with going over this contract. If you'd like to help we can barter. Like I said, I am a good web designer and in exchange I can create the best website you have ever seen (responsive design and everything, a1k to 2k value). I"m 25 and have never dealt with something like this before, so I need help.

And hey, if multiple lawyers can give me some input and help me go over this agreement that would be awesome! I would appreciate all the help I can get. I wouldn't mind making you all awesome websites.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Ummm, AVVO!!!

I'd be happy to help but need more facts and dets.

Feel free to contact me directly by phone at (516) 238-4006, or by email at

Here to help if you could still use it!


Attention: This e-mail originates from the law firm of CARTER PEK, P.C. ("The Firm"). All information appearing herein is protected and regarded as confidential, and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s) indicated above. Be advised that if the reader of this message is not in fact the intended recipient, notice is hereby given that any dissemination, distribution and/or copying of this message is strictly prohibited and punishable by law. If you have received this message in error, kindly reply to sender forthwith, and destroy and purge any and all copies of such message, whether in paper, digital or other media format. If you are not an existing client of The Firm, do not construe anything in this message to cause you to become a client of The Firm, unless it contains a specific statement to that effect, and refrain from disclosing any sensitive information in which you have an expectation of privacy and/or confidence if sending a reply. contains a specific statement to that effect, and be careful not to disclose any sensitive information in reply that you expect to hold in confidence. If you are the intended recipient hereof and are a client, co-counsel or retained expert of The Firm, be mindful to maintain its contents in strict confidence in order to preserve any and all privileges, including the attorney-client and/or work product privileges that may apply. Thank you. IRC 230 Disclosure: In accordance with Internal Revenue Code 230, The Firm hereby advises you that, unless otherwise expressly stated, any reference made to or discussion of a federal tax issue contained in this message, or in any attachment(s) hereto, are neither intended nor permitted to be used for purposes of avoiding federal tax penalties.



Hey, thanks for the offer. I get the agreement either tomorrow or the next day.

Matthew Adam Pek

Matthew Adam Pek


No problem whatsoever!


You may possibly contact TALA ( They can set you up with a pro bono attorney. Additionally, some attorneys may not charge you a dime, just call and see.

I would be willing to assist if possible.

My responses provided on this site are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Furthermore,I encourage to personally visit with myself or another attorney in order to gain more clarification.


This website is a great resource for you to find competent attorney. Some startup attorneys can delay their fees or give you a discount. Here's a piece on joint ventures generally that may help -

The above is not intended as legal advice and creates no attorney-client relationship; do not take any action or fail to take any action in reliance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer