How to trust a lawyer via the internet?Is It safe to apply for o1 visa via online lawyer?how to make sure ?which type of payment

New York, NY |

Best Answer

We live in a virtual world, so as long as you do your homework and check out the attorney's qualifications, I would be totally comfortable hiring an attorney whom I have never met. Now, bear in mind that there are various caveats to that recommendation. 1) Check out that the individual is an actual attorney in good standing with his or her state bar, 2) INMHO, it's important for immigration attorneys to be members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), 3) it's important for the attorney to have great expertise in the field of business immigration law, O-1's in particular.

As far as payment is concerned, you should pay in a way that you can track. Hence, credit card or check would be advisable.

Good luck!!

good hints just one more thing how can I find out he s a great experstise is there cv that I can check or so?

It would depend. You should check to make sure the lawyer is actually licensed. Did you find any reviews? Google the person. Check with the state bar association for the state in which he/she is licensed.

how to make sure if that lawyer s good at his work ?how should I check for license?how to avoid from not real ones cause I m outside usa and no acess till I come there

Rebekah Bell Rodriguez

Rebekah Bell Rodriguez

Check the state bar for the state he says he's licensed in. There should be a list of licensed attorneys. You should look him up online, do a name search. Be wary, though.

You can check the state bar where licensed for disciplined complaints.

I would not recommend it. At least call and speak with the attorney about the process.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite at 646-407-2331. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

You should do everything my colleagues have said, speaking by phone or skype will give you an idea of who your are dealing with. I've never had an overseas client without making and receiving plenty of phone calls.

While email is good for some type of communication, phone calls in certain situations clear things up faster than ping-ponging emails or chatting, imho.

-Dan

This answer should not be construed as legal advice and should not be relied on to take any action whatsoever; neither does it create a lawyer-client relationship.