HOW TO START TO GET CHILD SUPPORT SWITCHED WHEN MOTHER,CHILDREN AND FATHER MOVE FROM FLORIDA TO MICHIGAN

Naples, FL |

FATHER CALLED FLORIDA CHILD SUPPORT AND WAS TOLD THAT MOTHER NEEDS TO CLOSE CASE IN FLORIDA AND START A NEW CASE IN MICHIGAN, WHEN MOTHER CALLED FLORIDA CHILD SUPPORT SHE WAS TOLD THAT THAT WAS NOT IN HER BEST INTEREST. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER 2 MONTHS AND NEITHER CAN GET A ANSWER ON HOW TO GET THIS ALL STARTED. FLORIDA SUSPENDED FATHERS DRIVERS LICENCE BECAUSE OF NON PAYMENT BUT WAS TOLD NOT TO SEND IN PAYMENT TIL HE HAS A NEW CONTRACT. STILL HAS NO DRIVERS LICENCE AND NEEDS SO HE CAN GET DRIVERS LICENCE IN MICHIGAN SO HE CAN GET TO WORK TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS IN MICHIGAN. ONE CHILD SUPPORT EMPLOYEE IN FLORIDA JUST SAID SHE HAD NO IDEA. FATHER WANTS TO FLY TO FLORIDA TO GET STRAIGHT BUT CAN GET NO HELP ON WHERE TO START FROM THE SYSTEM

Best Answer

Welcome to dealing with the beaucratic red tape caused by the State government. It is normal that they cannot give you an answer, not because they don't care (well maybe), but are incompetent.

I would hire an attorney ASAP to get this fixed.

You really need a Child Support lawyer who works in the County that the license was suspended in. Before you fly to Florida, make sure there is not an arrest warrant waiting for you for failure to pay the support.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272 familylawyer411.com/about-carin https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Law-Offices-of-Carin-M-Constantine/125967577416313 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carin-constantine/b/861/445

When you put the words in a capital letters, it is as if you are screaming at us. SCREAMING. You need to try to get a free consultation with a family attorney in the county where the child support order originated from. Perhaps this problem can be solved by an agreed upon modification that payments be made directly to the former spouse, or if you are now living together, should be terminated. It all depends upon the actual facts of the case. But sometimes, new lawyers do not know exactly what should be done. I had a similar situation earlier this year. The client had spoken with 5 attorneys in Florida and none of them knew what to do as quickly as I did. It was an uncontested and agreed to modification, and I knew exactly what to do for the client. Try to get someone with decades of experience in family law matters.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,