Skip to main content

How to reverse the Qdro? 401K

Wichita, KS |

Many years I had a 401K. When my X husband left after finally of years cheating on me. I filed for a divorce. He received half of my 401K, he did not have a retirement plan, and his lawyer and my lawyer were golf buddies. I also at the time of my divorce was left with two teenagers and my lawyer whom worked for me since I hired him, told me I could not get Alimony, he told me that did not do that anymore. And like a fool I believed it. I now after 17 years I want back my retirement. I want to reverse the Qdro.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


A Qualified Domestic Relations Order, or QDRO, is very different from the alimony issue you raised. The QDRO reflects an order of the court and I doubt highly that 17 years after a final order any court would consider changing such an order. The reason for final court orders is to bring finality and certainty to court results. Right or wrong, at some time, things need to move forward without ideas of 'going back' swirling about.

I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but it is the correct answer.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer