Skip to main content

How to request for child support in divorce process?

Chicago, IL |

I'm currently in a divorce process and i would like to ask the judge for child support from my spouse. do i need to petition or just request to judge will do. i am the residential custody parent

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It is really worth it to hire an attorney to help you out. Normally you need to file a petition for temporary child support. Do you already have an order stating you are the temporary custodian of the child(ren)?

For informational purposes only. Not legal advice.


You must file a motion for temporary child support.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer