Skip to main content

How to request I-551 stamp in my passport or approval document from USCIS

Chicago, IL |

My son have filed in Dec 15th 2013(I-131,I-130,I-485,I-765)recently received EAD card/I-131/SSN,how do I request I-551 stamp in my passport or approval document?
so that I can file my minor daughter along with this approval document.

I have to travel outside this country and not sure when to return because my husband health is not good,We talk to uscis to expedite the process or tell us
expected date/month based on humanitarian reason but officer didn't have that scheduling info.
Will it help if I send a paper mail request to local USCIS to expedite the process. btw we are living in St.Louis MO

All forms filed by my natural USCIS

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Schedule an info pass at USCIS with jurisdiction and ask them to provide the stamp.

Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.


You have presented the same question awhile ago. You must make an infopass appointment at 101 West Congress, Chicago IL online by using site and making such request then appearing as scheduled and requesting a LPR stamp in your valid foreign passport.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois


You need to make an Infopass appointment and show the documentation about leaving the country.

Alexus P. Sham-The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer