Skip to main content

How to report a 'pattern' of discriminatory practices of a company to EEOC?

Pasadena, CA |

After working for four years and dealing with continuous discrimination, I was recently forced to resign from the company.

Most of the incidents of serious nature took place between 2008 & 2009 (Passed EEOC Timelines), which I did not report to EEOC due to my lack of awareness and education about the system here in United States. However everything was reported to the management team.

Is there anyway to file a claim with EEOC on the basis of 'historic' events or showing pattern, which eventually lead to my forced resignation or constructive discharge? The complain could get detailed and I am worried if it will be read? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


While most of the events took place in 2008 and 2009, if there was a continuing pattern of discrimination that continued past then, your claim may be still alive. This is particularly so if you were forced to resign.

For most people, they don't elect to proceed with the EEOC but file a private action for damages. The first step in that is a claim either to the EEOC or the FeHA, requesting a right to sue letter.

In employment discrimination cases, a prevailing plaintiff typically is entitled to attorneys' fees. Because it will not cost you any money to confer with and/or hire a lawyer, I suggest you do so as soon as possible.

Sorry you had this happen to you. Good luck!

Legal Disclaimer: You should remember that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on. This is because each state has different laws and each situation is fact specific. That is why a lawyer can't evaluate a legal problem without a consultation and a chance to review every fact and document at issue.

Also, this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship between us.