Skip to main content

How to reopen a traffic ticket case

Macon, GA |

I am a 19 year old male college studentand got a ticket in December 2009. It stated that I was going 65 in a 35. I found out later that this was a known speed trap. I was on my way home. I paid the ticket in Jan., on time. I did not appeal because everyone was telling me that it would not do any good. I just found out 2 days ago Feb.27 that my license has been suspended since Feb. 17th and will be for 6 months. I didn't know because I had not veen home to answer a certified mail notice that was waiting for me. How should I go about approaching this? I need my car for work. I live away from home. What is the best way to approach this? The ticket was given in Ft. Valley GA

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You will want to hire an attorney in Fort Valley. The attorney can move to withdraw the plea - at the very least, the attroney can file a writ of habeas corpus under the ospus you did not enter an knowing plea. You have six months to file a writ from the date of disposition. It is likely a local attorney may be able to handle it with a visit to the courthouse. Expect to pay.