How to remove father's name from birth certificate after the child has been adopted out who is not the biological father?

Jackson, MI |

In 2011, I signed my name on a birth certificate as the father and the child was put up for adoption. She has since then been adopted. I am not the biological father. How do I remove my name from the birth certificate now? Does the mother need to consent to the removal of my name?

Once a child has been adopted a new birth certificate is used with the biological parents removed.

It's an open adoption. Does this mean the child will not be able to know I have signed the birth certificate? Or has my name been removed all together and she won't be able to track me down once she turns 18?

David B. Carter Jr.

David B. Carter Jr.

The information will be supplied to her upon her request.

How would that information be supplied? How can we prevent my name being supplied?

David B. Carter Jr.

David B. Carter Jr.

It will be on file with Department of Human Services.

Can I request that to be changed if proven through dna I am not the father?

David B. Carter Jr.

David B. Carter Jr.

If the child has been adopted already, the answer is no as you have no more rights to demand a dna test.