Skip to main content

How to prevent your wife from forging letters (snail mail) in a divorce case?

New York, NY |

Maybe I'm paranoid. But it seems way too easy to impersonate someone using snail mail and then having it be admissible in court. At least with email, there is metadata and ISP info. With snail mail, there's no regulation!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It's really not that easy. Lawyers have been successfully attacking the credibility of paper evidence for years. If you are worried about something specific, speak to your attorney about it. If you don't yet have an attorney, you can find one here on Avvo. Good luck!

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.


What exactly is your concern?

I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely upon free legal advice and I disclaim any liability for the results if you do.


What do you mean by "forging?" One cannot forge their own creation. Do you mean "lying?"


Perhaps bringing the letters in to an attorney is the way to go at this point. Knowing what she's trying to forge & the purpose for which she's doing so would greatly inform whatever assessment is given. Thus, you should schedule a follow-up consultation with a NYC Divorce attorney.

* If you found my answer to be helpful, or the "best answer," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer