Skip to main content

How to Plea at Arraignment for a Pett Theft arraignment?!

Orlando, FL |

this is my first offense and i have been released on Pre-Trial Release.. my hearing is set for tomorrow i dont have an attorney but i pretty much have an idea how i will plea. i just want to agree to community service or probation. i want this all over with. but will the Judge give me a change to speak and explain that i am willing to take a plea bargain? or is it best that i ask for time to obtain an attorney?! plz help me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hire an attorney, but if you have to go it alone, plea not guilty and then hire a lawyer after tomorrow's court date. You'll get another date for another day and have your lawyer apply for a diversion program for you between now and then. Diversion will keep it off your record, if you qualify.


DO NOT PLEA! You need to hire a lawyer, or apply for the Public Defender. At the very least speak with the prosecutor and ask for a diversion program. Depending on the facts, as a first offender, a lawyer may be able to get a diversion program where the charges are dismissed upon completion of certain conditions.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.


Do not plea without getting an attorneys advise. There are consequences to your decision and you need to know what's in your best interest and what might be done to get you the best results.