Skip to main content

How to obtain guardianship of a 18 year old with her permission?

Little Rock, AR |

She has lived with me and my soon to be wife since sept of 08, her parent seprated and went to lead their own lives. She is eighteen now and her parents have dropped her from their insurance, my job says that I need proof of legal guardianship to add her to mine.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If she's over 18, she's an adult. The only way to get "guardianship" of an adult (sometimes called a "conservatorship") is if she is incompetent. It doesn't sound like she qualifies. If medical insurance is so necessary, perhaps you should move up the wedding.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer