Skip to main content

How to make international business agreement (e.g. Nepal) to ensure all right for all parties in fair manner?

Baltimore, MD |

How to make international business agreement (e.g. Nepal) for Developing Software to ensure all right for all parties in fair manner. In particular to protect: copyright, ideas, software, algorithm, etc.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


This is a question that would take hours and hours to discuss. It is something that takes up a slew of practice books.

Let me be honest (while you may not want to hear this). If you are doing an international business deal you must have legal counsel that has expertise in these types of agreements. These are complicated matters for experienced attorneys so that means they are well beyond something that a layperson should really try doing unless that person just feels like they want to wing it and hope for the best.

This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


There are several firms, here in Baltimore, that focus on this type of work. And I assure you, it is not cheap. Would you like a referral?


You have a multitude of intellectual property issues across borders, as well likely corporate, tax and import/export laws such as ITAR and the like. You will need to retain a law firm with significant depth to recognize all of the issues that may arise. My firm handles such work, and there are many attorneys here on AVVO whose firms also can assist.

The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.


Our firm practices solely in the area of cross-border business. Your situation is less complicated than it seems.

You will primarily need to consider five areas of law:

- corporate
- tax
- immigration
- employment
- IP

You will want to consider the relationship you establish with the entity in Nepal to best protect your business, reduce your expenses, limit your taxes, and increase your profits. Our services combine all issues together, which offers an efficient alternative to big law firms.

We would be glad to discuss this further with you.

Total Mobility Law is an international law firm that lets companies do global business with the knowledge and confidence they need to comply in any country. Our answers on this site do not constitute legal advice, nor do they establish an attorney-client relationship. The only thing that can do that is a signed Engagement Letter and Fee Agreement, which you can get by contacting us through


Negotiating and creating an international agreement is a complex process. It involves the gathering of relevant information from all the parties involved (that often is only one). The international firm, in general, will provide a template, but many information are provided by you. Once a draft has been created, the negotiation of the basic terms begin. Then the attorneys of both sides define the details of the deal. The finalization and execution are also delicate and complex. For this, I strongly encourage you to hire an international firm. Good luck.

This reply is offered for educational purpose only. You should seek the advice of an attorney. The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the undisclosed individual asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of New York. Responses are based solely on New York Law unless stated otherwise. Pursuant to Internal Revenue Service guidance, be advised that any federal tax advice contained in this written or electronic communication is not intended or written to be used and it cannot be used by any person or entity for the purpose of (i) avoiding any tax penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service or any other U.S. Federal taxing authority or agency or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.