Skip to main content

How to make criminal charges go away?

Buffalo, MN |

false charges

can i have a sit down and just write the check and make them cough so they dont show

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Hire a good attorney and fight the charges.


You can't make criminal charges just "go away." You need to hire competent counsel that will defend you.


Or, if they are not current charges you may be able to seek an expungement of certain criminal charges or arrests, depending on your state laws. Call your state bar association for a referral to an attorney who handles expungements for advice if they are not current, otherwise as my colleagues said a defense attorney is your only option false charges or not. They don't just go away on their own without leaving a mess behind for you to deal with in the future.

THIS IS NOT A CONFIDENTIAL FORUM. PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION BECAUSE THERE IS NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGE PROTECTION. My statement is only a matter of my opinion and does not go to the merits of your case. Seek advice from an attorney in your local area if you have confidential or case specific questions or concerns. No Attorney-Client relationship is established between myself and any other party by communication through until both parties have signed a Retainer Agreement and any necessary fees have been paid to my firm. I am licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District Court for the State of Oregon. If you are in Oregon I am happy to help you if I am able or otherwise will find you someone who can.


The fact that you want to write a chack and be done with it indicates this is probably a serious matter. Most of us don't just throw money at a minor problem. Cases go forward because there is evidence. Cases get dropped because of a lack of evidence. Once Misdemeanor or Felony charges are filed against you, you need a defense lawyer. HTH, good luck.

DISCLAIMER: NO ATTORNEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN FORMED. Please consult with an attorney licneced in your jurisdiction. This information is being provided for informational purposes only


Sadly criminal charges don't just go away. It takes time and commitment to get a good result in such a case. Call me and I will discuss the matter with you. Bob Adams. 763-682-0259.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer