Skip to main content

How to make a 1986 Traffic infraction warrant go away.

Oregon City, OR |

I have a traffic infraction warrant for my arrest in CA. from 1986. I was unable to get to CA. from OR to apear in court.
Here is the skinny. I was in a car wreck no one hurt but me. I was in hospital for 5 days and then recived a ticket for DUI, I was never taking to jail or arested or anything that I can remeber.
I did pay two diffrent lawares to try and take care of this with out me going down there but it falled and then I forgot about it.
How do I make this go away?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

Dan, I think you need to post your question in the California section. Unless an Oregon lawyer has taken and passed the bar in the California, they will not be able to help you. This might be the sort of thing you can take care of over the phone with a California lawyer if you can pull them away from their ipad and iced mocha-latte frappuccino. Alternatively, you could just never go to California again. I imagine if they were planning to extradite you it would have happened by 1992 or so.


You may be an excellent candidate for what is called a "Serna motion," which helps people get rid of ancient cases like yours. I have written dozens of Serna motions and I would be happy to help you. I am licensed to practice in both California and Oregon. Please give my firm a call at (503) 592-0606.

Troy Pickard

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer