Skip to main content

How to inform IRS that I'm no longer self employed?

Spokane, WA |

From August 2006 to June 2007 I was a self employed contractor in Arizona and paid my quarterly tax estimates. In 2008 I moved to Washington and started working as regular employee. The IRS has sent me self employed quarterly tax notices for 2008 but I was never self employed in 2008. How do I get this changed?

+ Read More

Filed under: Tax law
Attorney answers 1


The IRS.GOV website has a form for everything. I am sure they have one for this.

My standard disclaimer: I am not offering legal advice, assume I do not know the law in your state and that I am just making suggestions for starting points for when you do speak with an attorney. Do NOT rely on anything I write and contact a lawyer in your area immediately after reading my posting.