Skip to main content

How to get proof of my admission to the US when I lost my passport and I-94

San Jose, CA |

I entered the US 5 years ago, and overstayed on my visit visa. Now I just got married to a US Citizen. I know I need to prove I entered the US legally. How can I do that? Who do I contact? I want to handle the process of getting the proof myself.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Get a copy of your I-94 by filing a form i-102 with USCIS.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.


If your passport was stamped when you last entered, you may submit a copy of the entry stamp as proof of lawful admission. Otherwise, you need to apply for a replacement I-94 by filing form I-102.


I agree with my colleagues

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104