Skip to main content

How to get My Case Number?

Seattle, WA |

Please can you advise me how to know my Case Number I already file My I-130 for my Spouse
Thanks in Advance for your help

Dear All I sent my file i-130 with US Postal Service but i use the address for Express mails Address " I-30 131 south Dearborn-3rd F1 Chicago IL 60603-551" Can USCIS accept my File? if not what should i have to do? Waiting your usual prompt reply Many Thanks in Advance EYob

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

When you receive the receipt notice, the top section will have a receipt number. The receipt number is the case number. If the person you are petitioning for will need to consular process abroad, when the petition is approved and transferred to the National Visa Center, it will be assigned another case number. That one will be on correspondence from the NVC. It would help to have an immigration attorney take you through the process

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.


If you received an I-797 receipt notice, the number is on that form. Look for a receipt number.


You need to obtain a receipt notice from USCIS which will contain your receipt number.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


After 2-3 weeks you'll get a receipt.

Most of the time it is also printed on the back of your cancelled check.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Once the filing is properly accepted the Notice will have the Receipt Number in that document. May start with the letters LIN, etc.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer