Skip to main content

How to get an Ohio judge to enforce a probation violation while the person on probation lives in Michigan?

Lorain, OH |

My ex-wife lives in Michigan, she is on probation for several counts of felony. She has committed three more felonies against me since her conviction. I have made three different police reports from three different cities and zero help to press charges. As far as violating her probation from Ohio, she has NOT followed through with the agreement for her probation(I.E) she was to get a job and maintain one and a few other requirements she has failed to do. Also she (Ann Kezhaya, you can Google her to see my nightmare) has served no time in jail, per the judgement, she was to spend 180 days but the judge postponed this (for unknown reasons to me). Now we have three innocent little boys whom are being abused by her lifestyle and help. I contacted both probation officers & the judge

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Whenever you are the victim of a crime -- or witness a crime -- the first step is to file a police report. The police may investigate it, the police may ignore it; the police may present the case to a prosecutor who will indict/charge the crime, which could lead to a conviction and a subsequent probation violation in the previous case. However, the first step on the ladder is to simply file a police report.


An Ohio judge does not have authority and therefore can not do anything regarding Michigan probation. You would have to contact her probation officer in Michigan. If she is committing a crime in Ohio you should contact the police. The police will not file a charge against her if they do not believe that a crime has been committed.

Attorney Chris Beck
Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
Beavercreek, Ohio 45434
(937)510-6110 phone
(937)867-4111 fax

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer