Skip to main content

How to get alter or change visitation when someone else has guardianship?

Benton, AR |

I gave up guardinship of my son several years ago to my girlfriends mother. My girlfriend gave up her rights completely. I still pay child support but the girlfriend mother will not let me visit with my Son if I am not at her house. How can I revise my visitation since it says "resonable visitation" in my paper work?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need to modify to ask for a specific visitation schedule. If the order did not say the visits had to beat her home and supervised then you need to be sure your new order states that that is not the case. That is why you should consult a lawyer. The wording of you orders must be exact to exercise your rights.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer