Skip to main content

How to get a person out of a property registration, the property was registered under four names when bougth about 20 yrs. ago.

Houston, TX |

I have always paid the taxes and we split the amount in four, my daughter has been divorced for about twelve yrs. now and the ex son in law has not paid his part in 10 yrs., I offer 12k $ + what he owesme and he does not give me a price nor accepts, what sould I do??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you're trying to get him off of the title, you either have to buy him out, or sue for partition of the property. A partition suit is likely to result in the sale of the property, and depending on how much he wants to fight it, may cost more than the property is worth.

If you just want to collect the money he owes, you might want to try the Justice Court.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer