Skip to main content

How to get a no contact order dropped or lifted

Bloomington, IL |

My boyfriend has a domestic battery charge on him.I didnt press charges I didnt even want him to go to jail , but they arrested him and the state picked it up..I want the no contact order lifted but not sure how or what to do. I called the attorney genearls office twice and begged them to take it off and wont.he didnt even do anything wrong we got into an argument while we were drinking.none of this should even be going on .its causing finacial problems .he is the only one that works and pays all the bills im afaird were going to lose our home and of course i miss him dearly..please someone help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It is not up to you to order the lifting of a no contact order. The no contact order goes along with the domestic battery charge. You might request a modification, allowing your boyfriend back into the home, but there is no guarantee that will happen. Perhaps the prosecution will consider a modification of the no contact order if you temporarily move out yourself if your boyfriend is prohibited from entering the home. It is unclear how this is affecting you financially since your boyfriend should still be able to go to work and pay bills.

All your questions should be asked of your boyfriend's attorney.


Legal complications do not arise in vacuum. Without a probable cause or complaining witness your boyfriend could not be criminally charged with domestic battery, especially when you cite "he didn’t even do anything wrong we got into an argument while we were drinking." That qualifies as probable cause.
Also, you seem to be misled. It is not the Attorney General's Office that handles such cases; it is the prosecutors in that particular county.
Your boyfriend needs a criminal defense attorney to complete this matter as efficiently as possible in the court room, not on a public forum where such case could never be adjudicated.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


My suggestion is that you contact a lawyer and have the lawyer speak to the prosecutor and/or have your lawyer appear in court in your behalf and asked the judge to modify the order.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.