Skip to main content

How to get a H1B old denial notice if my employer/attorney not responding?

Kirkland, WA |

I dont have a copy of denial notice , it was of last year. Now I was asked for denial notice for the new application of H1B.
I tried calling to USCIS, they say only employer can call for that.Is there any way I can get it?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should consult with an immigration attorney right away. It may be possible to obtain a copy of a redacted version of the decision via the Freedom of Information Act


An H-1B petition is the EMPLOYER'S property. Can legally refuse to give you anything. File a FOIA request with USCIS and you might get something, but it will take time.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


A FOIA may be possible.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer