Skip to main content

How to get a Green card

Wenatchee, WA |
Attorney answers 8


Consult with a few attorneys to determine if your husband is eligible for a green card and to learn each attorney's fees.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


FInd an attorney in WA and schedule a consultation.


Whether he is eligible and how much it will cost are very individual specific. Some attorneys will work out a payment plan, I do. But the immigration fees must be paid all at once when you file.


The cost of a green card will depend on the type of application your husband will need to make. He may or may not be qualified to apply for a green card and you will need to consult with an attorney to find out whether he is eligible.

My firm usually charges 50% at the time our services are retained and 50% when we are ready to submit an application to USCIS. Sometimes, we break down payment further. It depends on the visa type and the client's specific circumstances. You should be able to find an attorney with a similar policy.

I know of a great family immigration attorney in Seattle, WA. Her website can be found here:

Good luck!


This question is fact specific. Call an immigration lawyer to discuss.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Good job. Too many people try to do it on their own, and then it becomes more difficult. I do payment plans. How much it will cost depends on facts of the case that you should discuss confidentially with a qualified immigration attorney. Those facts include whether he entered lawfully or not, whether he left after he entered, whether he was caught trying to enter, whether he was ever in deportation or removal proceedings, whether he ever had any arrest or police issue, whether he ever applied for anything with immigration in the past, and much more. It truly does require a lengthy conversation to answer your question appropriately.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Consult with an immigration attorney because there are many avenues to obtain Legal Permanent Resident status, but it's important to analyze your goals and whether your husband is eligible for it. An immigration attorney would review the complete immigration history to determine if he is eligible.

Answers here do not create an attorney-client relationship. It is only for educational purposes. Contact Law Office of John Ting at 469-645-8464 or by email, We're located at 4026 S. Buckner Blvd., Dallas, TX.


I am from Wenatchee and I frequently work with immigration clients there, even though my offices are located in Everett & Seattle. As the other attorneys have stated, you will need to determine the basis, if any, of your husband's green card eligibility. An attorney will be able to tell you about this during your consultation. I also offer payment plans, depending on the immigration issue. Usually green card applications are among the type of immigration issue that are conducive to payment plans.

You can read more about Green Cards on our web site:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer