Skip to main content

How to get a Green Card?

Bronx, NY |

I am currently on an F1 Visa, from France, in college.
I would like to invest in real estate and possibly create
my own business. What options do I have to get a green card over time?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Your questions are beyond the scope of a free, general forum such as this. What you need is to schedule a private consultation with an experienced business immigration lawyer.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


If you start your own business, you may be eligible for an E-2 treaty investor visa.

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Use find lawyer option on Avvo to find good attorney in Bronx . Alexander Sigal is an excellent attorney in New York.


We should speak to immigration attorney to assist you in the process.

Mr. Asatrian's practice is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.


How large of an investment are you willing/able to make? Does it have to be a real estate investment. An E-2 will allow you (and your family) to start a business and stay here indefinitely, but it will never lead to a green card. Contact an immigration attorney to discuss your options.