Skip to main content

How to get a certified expunged court record for permanent residence status?

Kansas City, MO |

The Clerk at the court house notified that he could not issue any statement of unavailablity of an expunged case. He said that the record is no longer exist at the court house. My friend went to expunge department, they said the same thing. No one can issue a statement or a certified record. My friend even went to archived department. They only printed "No Record Found" but without any letter head, court stamp, or any signitures.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


As long as you disclose the arrest, then a certified letter from the clerk that shows there is no record, should be sufficient. If they absolutely cannot give one with a certified stamp, then make sure you speak with a supervisor to make sure.


Are you in the Kansas City area? If so which court are you dealing with?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer