How to find out whether my employer pays unemployment insurance to the state?

New York, NY |

I understand that I am eligible for unemployment benefits if my employer pays unemployment insurance to the state. Is that true? If yes, then how do I find out if my employer pays that insurance to state or not? I only know that I see "NY SUI/ SDI Tax" on my paystub. My employer has around 2,500 employees in the country (and even more in rest of the world).

Best Answer

if you aere employed by a company of that size in new york state i am sure they have the coverage

I will allways give you a free consultation, so we can discuss all the facts of your case call us anytime at 718-263-6800

Call the state and find out.
r,
ty

Until you come in for a consultation, please be advised that you are not considered a client of the firm and no attorney client relationship is established. Thus, this email is not to advise you of any legal rights but merely to advise of a general response to your posting. Also, please note that I am a NJ lawyer and you should ensure that before you take action, you consult with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where you reside. This way, you can have the benefit of someone who is familiar with case law and statutes particular to your state as well as someone who can discuss your matter in more full detail as well as review documents.

Thank you for your help. Call the state would mean calling up which department of the state? I am in New York.