Skip to main content

How to file a lawsuit againts alabama dhr

Athens, AL |

How if possible can i file a lawsuit against alabama dhr for failing to contact me (the biological father) when my daughters mother was arrested and charged with child abuse. Months went by without me knowing anything about that resulting in my daughter being placed in another hostle enviorment. I have joint legal custody and dhr failed to make any attempt to contact me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you choose to file a lawsuit, you have the burden of proving all of your allegations, including the extent of your damages. Your should try to find an attorney, but we are all busy.

[In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.]


This sounds unusual. There are attorneys who would talk to you about this case. You had a right to know about you daughter and her environment. Were you involved in her life during this time?

This advice does not constitute an attorney client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer