Skip to main content

How to fight back for contempt of court charge 4 property never proven I have or evidence he even had or what it is? jailing me

Odessa, TX |

Divorce Default 2013. Found out about divorce after service 4 motion to enforce but motion was blank 4 date or time to appear. I waited for notice. 30 days later was arrested they had court! Bailed out. Appeared in front of judge attempting to show blank order & it stated 4 interest of child? No children. Refused 2 look. I requested atty. My Atty. files review of default citing no notice & Property he got was trust property failure to inform court. In court atty states he got 100% in D & the enforcement 4 extra prop. is unclear of what it is & showed no notice of time & date 4 enforcement but I was jailed. I brought property 2 court that I was unsure if on list & further contend I do not have more property yet denies Review; states contempt fined. Judge states look up law to jail me!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Hire an attorney to review the case. Something is not adding up in the situation you describe.

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.


I agree with, something does not add up. Listen to your lawyer, but if you are not satisfied, hire a new one as soon as possible.


This is some of the strangest set of face I have seen in a long time. You need a GOOD Family Law Attorney.


You need a family law attorney who knows how to set aside the default judgment or to file an appeal. It appears from your message more than 30 days has transpired from the date of a default order being signed by the court. Therefore, a restricted appeal should be persued if not more than six months have transpired from the date of the court signed the default order and you did not participate in the trial. If neither of these fit your set of facts then a Bill of Review is the altenative. Hope this assists in your issue.